Heart of the Mirage – by Glenda Lake
Another Fantasy Fiction series, so my kind of books. Having
said that this didn't keep me completely gripped, and at first I wasn't quite
sure why.
The characters were varied and the plot had enough twists,
turns and undercurrents to be interesting without being too complicated.
However, when I think about the book as a whole I realise my
attention wandered when the magic elements became too contrived. I know magic doesn't really need explaining,
and is unbeleivable by its very nature, but this magic did not convince me.
When I'm reading about magic I want to be left thinking 'Wouldn't it be great
if that was real?'
Reading the blurb for the next book, I don't think I will be
searching it out to read. I'm not that
interested in Ligea's and Brand's future.
If it turns up on a shelf in charity shop I might pick it up for want of
something better one day, but otherwise I’m moving on to something else.
No comments:
Post a Comment