Half term this week, with two flights and two train
journeys, so I am finding a lot of time for reading.
I have found a new author, or to be strictly accurate it is
two new authors. A mother and daughter
team who write under the pseudonym of PJ Tracy.
They have actually been around for a while, the book I read, Dead
Run, was published in 2005 and is one of a series.
The main characters are a group of ‘societal rejects’ who
run a software company producing computer games. As a sideline they use their computer skills
to help the police solve crimes.
Alongside the main plot run the sub stories of the ongoing and complicated
romances of the female characters.
Despite being part of a series this was an easy book to pick
up and read. However, although I enjoyed
the book, and would probably read another if I was at a loose end, I feel no
burning desire to go back and find the first book in the series. The back story does not appear to be that
compelling. The main characters are so
extreme they are almost caricatures, or perhaps they could be characters in one
of the computer games the company produces; a gun-toting woman, a lycra wearing
giant, an obsessively wealthy collector and a larger than life woman with a
penchant for high heels and floating dresses.
If you want an easy read, with amusing characters and a
rather thin plot, then this will do nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment